General visa information
Passport and visa are required to travel to Mongolia. Before applying visa, please check your visa requirement status entering to Mongolia.
- If you are US citizen or passport holder, please visit here.
- If you are not US citizen nor passport holder, please visit here and check the list for non-visa regime countries and regions.
For applying visa for 30 days or less it is required to submit by mail or in person following documentation:
1. Passport with a validity date at least six months beyond the end of the applicant’s intended period of stay in Mongolia;
2. Visa Application Form with one photo /passport size/ Download Application Form;
3. Copy of flight itinerary;
4. Visa fee:
- Single entry visa – $50.00;
- Double entry visa – $65.00;
- Single transit visa – $25.00;
- Double transit visa – $50.00;
- Multiple transit visa – $75.00;
- Multiple entry up to 6 months – $105.00;
- Multiple entry 6-12 months – $205.00;
Fees must be paid in US dollars by money order or cashier’s check made payable to “The Embassy of Mongolia”
5. Prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. We recommend using a certified mail with tracking number, such as FedEx, DHL, USPS Priority Mail.
- For staying in Mongolia for more than 30 days, or obtaining double entry or multiple entry visas for work / study, it is required to have an Approval from the Office of Immigration, Naturalization and Foreign Citizens in Mongolia. You can have an Approval with assistance of your partners or supporters there in Mongolia.
- Normally visa is processed in 2 working days. However, please be advised that the regulations require up to one week for the processing.
- Visa is valid for entry within 90 days upon the issuance (Date of Issue) and its duration (Duration of Stay) counts from the date of entrance.
Monday-Friday 09:00AM-13:00PM (Except Mongolian National Holidays)
Embassy of Mongolia
2833 M Street NW
Washington DC 20007
Tel: (202)-333-7117 (visa information & inquiries)
NOTE : Foreign national stayed in Mongolia above 30 days is required to get registered at local “Office of Immigration, Naturalization and Foreign Citizens“ .
PASPORT VALIDITY WILL BE SCRUTINIZED
According to the order 227, issued by the Head of the Foreigners and Citizenship Office of Mongolia, a foreign national with passport which valid for no less than 12 months can get permission for stay or approval for entry visa on private or business purposes, while the one with passport valid for no less than 6 months, may get extended his or her permit for continued stay on private and business purposes since June 20, 2008.
Please Click Here to the Attention of Foreign Citizens Coming to Mongolia for Temporary Period.